Recipes: West African Vegetable Stew
Props to All Recipes.com
By: Campbell’s Kitchen
“Sweet potatoes, chickpeas, tomato, onion and spinach all simmer together with raisins, cinnamon and Campbell’s® Condensed Chicken Broth for a vegetable stew that’s memorable and delicious.”
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch half slices
- 1 large tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can Campbell’s® Condensed Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can chick peas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 4 cups coarsely chopped spinach
- Heat oil in skillet. Add onion and garlic. Cook until onion is tender.
- Add potatoes and tomatoes. Cook 5 minutes. Add raisins, cinnamon, red pepper, broth and water. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat 15 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and spinach. Heat through. Serve over cooked rice or couscous, if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 216 | Total Fat: 3.6g | Cholesterol: 2mg Powered by ESHA Nutrient Database